SHOP ACT LICENCE (Gumasta Licence)
Rs. 990/- + Govt. Fees
Duration-2 to 3 days
What is the objective of the Shops & Establishments Act?
Every Indian state has enacted certain rules and regulations with regard to conditions of work. The objective is to secure uniform benefits for employees working in different establishments, from shops, commercial establishments and residential hotels to restaurants, theatres and other places of public amusement or entertainment.
What is mean by Establishment for Shop Act Registration?
“Establishment” means a shop, commercial establishment, residential hotel, restaurant, eating house, theatre, or other place of public amusement or entertainment to which this Act applies and includes such other establishment as the [State] Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare to be an establishment for the purposes of this Act.
When is a Shops and Establishments Act license required?
Every shop and establishment needs to register itself compulsorily under this Act within 30 days of commencement of work. As this is such a basic license, many other licenses require this as proof of a commercial business. For example, most banks will require you to furnish it if you want to open a current account.
What are the records to be maintained under the Shops and Establishment Act?
Under the Shop and Establishment Act, every business has to seek approval from Department of Labour and keep up-to-date registers regarding details of employment, fines, deductions and advances, salary and holidays. The requirements may vary from state to state. Files related to annual holidays and number of employees need to be submitted to the office of the Municipal Corporation annually.
Our’s will be a registered private limited company having registered office in Maharashtra. Do we also need to get Shop Licence?
The shop & establishment act is applicable to every office and shop where commercial activities are carried on even on employing one employee. Your Office /Corporate office will be covered under the Shop & Establishment Act. and the provision of leave and other rules shall be applicable, even when your company is registered under companies Act.
To Whom Shop Act Application is Applicable?
Shops Act Application is mandatory in some cases for businesses, as long as they qualify as an “Establishment” under the Shops and Establishment Act.
So if you run a business in Maharashtra, you need to obtain Shop Act License under Bombay Shops and Establishments Act, 1948. Online Shop Act Application is available Now. Shop Act Renewal is also available online.
Who needs to register for Shop Act Licence?
Reading the law, it becomes clear that any business which is involved in selling goods or services to customers out of a commercial office becomes liable to register. To repeat the point made earlier then, if you work out of an office and your products or services are sold online, you could exploit the loophole that no customers are purchasing from your shop, and hence registration would not be necessary. If however, you also entertain walk in clients and sell products and services to them, that loop-hole would no longer be available to you to use.
Photo Identity ( Minimum One )
- PAN card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Election/ Voters ID
Address Proof of the place where
you want to start the business
- Rent Receipt
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Sale / Purchase Deed
- Property Tax Paid Receipt
- Notarized/Registered Leave and License Agreement
- Society Maintenance Receipt
Compulsory other documents
- Annexure A Self Declaration
- Annexure B Self Declaration For Self Attestation
- Actual photo of the establishment in which the signboard (name) of the establishment duly displayed, appears
Above are the minimum documents, you will need to register for shop act license.
Depending on the type of your business, you may also require some of the following documents,
Other document ( Minimum 1 )
1) Copy of the licence, registration which is mandatory under any other law from any authority before starting of the business
Business Identification documents( Minimum 1 )
- MOA (Registration Certificate)
- List of the Trustees/Member of Trust
- Registered Address and proof thereof
- Resolution of society regarding starting of business
- List of the Chairman and Member of co-operative society
- List of Directors and Nomination of Directors (Resolution)
- Copy of Registration Certificate given by Charity Commissioner
- Certificate of Incorporation, Commencement Certificate under the company act
- Partnership Deed (Upload Deed pages which have name of partners, signature of partners, Business / Company Name, percentage of partnership )
Type of Business documents( Minimum 1 )
- RBI Permission Copy
- RTO Transport Permit
- Copy of Collector Permission
- License From Agriculture Department
- Food Licence from concern authority
- The Food and Drugs Administration License
- NOC from Police Department for Cyber cafe
- IEC certificate for Import-Export business
- Certificate issued by SEBI for share broker
- Licence from Police Department for Security Services
- NOC by Municipal corporation for floor mill / masala mill
- Copy of Excise license for wine shop/Beer Bar/ Bar and Restaurant
- NOC from Municipal Commissioner, Fire Brigade, Collector and Police Department
Registration Procedure to obtain Shop Act Licence
Receive All Documents
Preparation of Shop Act Application
File Shop Act Application
Get Shop Act Licence Certificate
Why Choose us?
One stop Solutions for all legal and Corporate Services
Filing in minimum time Period
Easy Online Assistance
Hassle-Free and time Consuming Services
Why Shop Act?
· Start your business as Proprietor with simple steps
· Opening a Bank Account
· Government Compliance to avoid heavy penalty
· To Regulate the Shops & Establishments as per Law
· To Start your business as Proprietor with simple steps
· To Open a Bank Account
· To avoid heavy penalty